I’m not much of a sweets person. Give me savory any day. HOWEVER, I tend to make an exception for lemon curd. Maybe it’s because the bright citrus notes shine through, and while it is sweet, the sour tang really cuts through, sure to delight any palate!
This recipe is VERY simple, with just 4 ingredients. Use the highest quality, organic ingredients you can to make this lemon curd really shine! You can of course use conventional ingredients as well, but high quality ingredients really take it to the next level.
– 1 organic lemon. You will use the zest and the juice
– 1/4 cup organic butter (grassfed or even homemade from raw milk is best)
– 1 cup raw organic cane sugar (you COULD use raw unfiltered honey, but it would change the taste…and since this is a treat, it’s OK to splurge!)
– 3 farm fresh eggs (free range is always best!)
1. Zest and juice the lemon.
2. Combine all ingredients in a double boiler and melt over low heat, stirring continuously until thick. Don’t have a double boiler? Double stack your pots, filling the bottom pot about 1/4-1/2 way full of water, so the top pot/pan doesn’t touch the bottom. This will prevent your butter and sugar from burning.
Pour into a mason jar and enjoy!